What exactly is SAP HANA?
SAP HANA system (High-speed analytical appliance) is an in-memory database platform developed and marketed by SAP SE that can be displayed on-premises or in the SAP cloud platform. It uses in-memory computing to store compressed data in Random Access Memory (RAM) instead of a relational database on disk drives. Compared to accessing data on standard disks, SAP Hana software can stay ahead in-memory data 10,000 times faster. Thus, the SAP HANA platform allows companies to rapidly analyze large amounts of data and process transactions in seconds rather than hours. In addition, SAP performs advanced analytics (predictive analytics, spatial data processing, text analytics, text search, streaming analytics, graph data storage) and includes extract, transform, load (ETL) capabilities and an application server.
But why is SAP Hana so appealing? Enterprises use SAP HANA to accelerate business processes, integrate data, improve digital insights and simplify their IT environments. As a data foundation, SAP HANA’s high performance removes the burden of maintaining separate legacy systems and siloed data. SAP HANA’s high performance can also reduce data redundancy, hardware requirements, and data management costs. SAP HANA analyzes live data for real-time business decisions – processing transactions and analytics wherever they reside – using advanced data processing engines for business, text, spatial, graph, and series data. SAP HANA supports real-time analytics for monitoring telecommunications networks, fraud detection, and security, forecasting and profitability reporting, optimizing energy use. It has its own cloud services and other business processes.
What are the key features of SAP HANA?
SAP HANA has rebounds amounts of crucial features that are worthwhile knowing. So we will show the top-notch features so you can make the most out of them. It is known for the breakthrough in-memory concept that it works on. Along with it, there are many other unique benefits of SAP HANA given below.
SAP HANA is entirely ACID compliant. It means that the in-memory database of SAP HANA has guaranteed secure and reliable database transactions. ACID stands for Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability.
Analytics and Data Processing
Predictive analysis and machine learning have been made available in SAP HANA. You can carry out high-performance and advanced predictive analysis of transactional data in real-time. Machine learning applications can be developed because SAP HANA supports R and TensorFlow.
Application Development and Deployment
Data Access, Integration, and Quality
Data from various sources are accessed from or integrated into SAP HANA for analysis. The data can be accessed and integrated either as real-time data duplication into SAP HANA or processing pre-load bulk data loads. Data adapters are applications that facilitate the integration of data. The adapter loads data from different databases, cloud storage, ApachevHadoop.
Administration and IT Operations
All the operations and functionalities of the SAP HANA high performance can be administered by using different administration tools. One popular administration tool is SAP HANA Cockpit, where you can analyze SQL execution plans, CPU functioning, memory utilization, backing-up, recovery, process execution, etc.
Benefits of using SAP HANA
SAP HANA is full of benefits, and the most important one is that tons of other apps use it. More than 1000 certified appliance configurations from 13 leading vendors run on SAP HANA, including amazon web services, Google cloud PLatform, and Microsoft azure.
- SAP HANA platform provides real-time analysis and decision-making capability. It enables the processing of large amounts of data while the business is going on. Thus, it offers instant real-time insights for SAP customers
- The in-memory database technology with the new Predictive Analytics Library integrates data processing and transactions very fast as the data stores in RAM. Therefore, data can be directly and quickly processed from there with a high-performance analytic appliance.
- SAP HANA studio allows data to be stored and processed in columns and rows in the database. Also, many operations can be parallelly processed in SAP HANA instead of only a single operation processing in the traditional database for executing one query. Thus, parallel processing increases the speed of the operation manifold.
- In a traditional database and the technologies working with it, users can use only one of the transactional processes (OLTP and OLAP) at a time. But, in SAP HANA’s in-memory database, you can access various databases both for transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) queries parallelly at once.
- You can fetch data from various external data sources due to the source-agnostic capabilities of SAP HANA’s high performance. Also, it makes the SAP HANA compatible with different DBMS used across the organization. Thus, enabling easy data integration.
- You can perform data integration and aggregation from various applications and data sources in SAP HANA without interrupting the ongoing business operations. You can also integrate it with SAP Business Object BI solutions.
- You can store the business insights in a Persistent Data Repository and recover them from here if a system breaks down with its cloud services.
- By the real-time data replication service, you can replicate the data from SAP ERP into SAP HANA without interjecting with the other operations of the business suite, thanks to its artificial intelligence.
- For third-party application access, you can use applications of SQL and MDX.
- What is the difference between Hana and s4 Hana?
SAP HANA is an in-memory database technology that acts as the core technology for other SAP or non-SAP applications. In contrast, SAP S/4 HANA is a new ERP solution that runs on SAP HANA database architecture. S/4 HANA is a business suite launched as a robust ERP solution having both ERP and BI capabilities utilizing HANA’s in-memory computing power. It is an in-memory version of the ERP Business Suite as it only runs on SAP HANA.
- What is SAP vs. SAP HANA?
A common confusion discussed with all SAP HANA ERP users is the difference between SAP and SAP HANA.
The Systems, Applications &Products implementation, which is popularly known as SAP, is an application that is designed to run an SAP HANA database. SAP HANA, on the other hand, is an in-memory database. It is a column-based Relational Database Management System designed to store, retrieve and process all business activities and data.
SAP HANA is not empowered to run or determine any action, and it can simply store all the data. At the same time, it is the job of SAP to run all activities and maintain smooth management of all business activities. SAP is the latest technology designed to reduce memory usage by a factor of 10, which helps run real-time analytics, crunching the database enhancement almost instantaneously. In short, SAP is the platform for the SAP HANA database to run.